Getting it all bagged up

Thanks to a couple sick days from work, I’ve been able to make a lot of progress on this bag (not that I’m glad to have been sick, but you know what I mean). It’s turning out wonderfully. I’m so excited!Β  I’ve selected the lining fabric. I haven’t shown the fabric to Mom yet as I’m hoping at least some of this bag is a surprise. πŸ™‚

The handles are alternating rows front post dc and back post dc. Again, it makes a wonderful texture and the handles won’t be stretching out at all. However, it’s basically doubling the fabric and therefore the time to finish it. It’s going to be so fantastic when it’s done though, it will be totally worth it.

Also, I checked my gauge at the beginning of the project and I was on if not slightly under. Now, however, I’m going to run out of yarn before the end of the handles. I’m kind of bummed as I won’t be able to wrap this up without another trip to the store. I really did think I did my gauge right… Someday, I’ll master the gauge, but apparently not on this project. πŸ™‚

Another learning adventure on this project was around the side seams. Up until now, I’ve picked projects that didn’t have seams. Partially by chance, partially because I didn’t want to mess with learning it. Turns out, that was silly. Seaming was easy πŸ™‚ I don’t think I did a real impressive job on it, but as I keep doing it I’ll learn better ways. What matters is it works, it’s solid and most importantly, it’s done!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s