Since I’ve learned to knit, I now have away to fix a dilema that I’ve had for a while. While sitting and typing at work, my hands get freezing cold. Gloves or mittens , of course, won’t work for obvious reasons. What’s girl to do? How about knitting, you guessed it! fingerless gloves! I’m fairly well along on the first one. Exciting!
The beginning of warm hands
I had leftover yarn from the white dishcloth I made, so I decided to make my mom one as well. It was going very well right up until the second to last round. That’s when I knew I wasn’t going to have enough yarn for the pattern. I modified and tweaked (and ended up sewing a little bit, too. Don’t ask) and made it kind of work. It still looks mostly decent, and, well, it’s a dishcloth. 🙂
Mom's (slightly funky) dishcloth, and random flowers
The good news is the hat is done. The bad news is the hat is done… badly. 😦 I just keep reminding myself that I’m just learning and how many important things I’ve learned in this project, like how important it is to have all the right tools at the beginning of the project. After dropping way too many stitches off my needles, I finally went and got the end stopper things. Too late to fix the issues with the funny looking stitches (one thing I didn’t learn is how to pick up stitches without making them look like crap, still working on that), but lesson learned.
This hat was originally for my husband, but I’m too embarrassed to have him tell people that I made it. So, I put it on my very cute little cousin (which made him look like a little gnome! 🙂 ) to try to up the cute value of the hat. It worked! 😀 Hopefully, these pics will be the last sighting of the hat….
The hat is coming along slowly. I’m ready for the next project already, so I’m having to really work on staying focus on finishing. What can I say, I have a short attention span 🙂
This week I started working on a hat. It was originally suppose to be for N, but it’s looking questionably smaller than the pattern said it should be. We’ll see…
Either way, I feel like I’m making decent progress on it 🙂